We are pleased to offer the Principles of Lubrication class. This generic 2 hour class has been developed and will be presented by experts. You will learn the most current application procedures, product knowledge, industry changes, upcoming mandates and environmental issues in the Lubrication Industry. Upon completion, you will have more lubrication product and application training than most Engineering school graduates!
You will leave knowing grease is NOT just grease and oil is NOT just oil. You will understand how vital it is to utilize the correct lubrication for specific equipment, load, environment, temperature and speed. Test results, images, case studies and demonstrations will display exactly what WILL happen when the wrong products or wrong application procedures are utilized.
Following are a few highlights of what you can expect to learn:
- What is the REAL cost of Lubrication & How to Select the Right Product
- Why Viscosity is really important
- Why Flush a System
- Basics of Food Grade Lubricants
- Grease/Oil – why any old grease/oil WON’T work; where you use grease/oil
- Updates on Diesel Fuels, Fuel Improvers and Energy Policy
- How you can Lower Energy Costs and Usage
- Why the Correct Lubrication Products Make our Planet and Families Healthier
- Testing – Standards versus ?
Some definitions and procedures you will understand:
- Hydrostatic Lubrication
- Hydrodynamic Lubrication
- Elasto-Hydrodynamic Lubrication
- Boundary Lubrication
- Basestocks and Additives
- Anti-Wear Additives
- Pour Point/Flash Point/Fire Point
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Anti-Foam Agents
- Tackiness Agents
- Friction Modifiers
In addition, there will be plenty of time to discuss specific questions or address current lubrication applications. We find that our attendees are very interactive and tend to share personal experience, thus, creating an atmosphere for brainstorming. Good ideas and new solutions are always an added-value after completing the course.